England have named Birmingham Bears all-rounder Jenny Gunn and wicket-keeper Amy Jones in a squad of 15 for the Women’s World T20.
Three uncapped players are part of the squad for the first time with Nottinghamshire’s Kirstie Gordon and Sussex’s Linsey Smith – both left-arm spinners with Loughborough Lightning in the Kia Super League – receive their first call-ups while Middlesex and Surrey Stars batter Sophia Dunkley is also in the squad.
- Heather Knight (Berkshire), Captain
- Tammy Beaumont (Kent)
- Katherine Brunt (Yorkshire)
- Sophia Dunkley (Middlesex)
- Sophie Eccelstone (Lancashire)
- Tash Farrant (Kent)
- Kirstie Gordon (Nottinghamshire)
- Jenny Gunn (Birmingham Bears)
- Dani Hazell (Yorkshire)
- Amy Jones (Birmingham Bears), Wicketkeeper
- Nat Sciver (Surrey)
- Linsey Smith (Sussex)
- Anya Shrubsole (Somerset)
- Lauren Winfield (Yorkshire)
- Danni Wyatt (Sussex)
Coach Mark Robinson said: “It’s always an exciting time when any England squad is announced but especially when there are three newcomers included.
“Sophia, Kirstie and Linsey have all had outstanding summers domestically and impressed when they have been in and around the group. All three will bring something different to the squad.
“Everyone is looking forward to the challenges ahead and we can’t wait to get out there and get started.”