Warwickshire County Cricket Club Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with our Terms & Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting Edgbaston.com, BirminghamBears.com, EdgabstonShop.com or WarwickshireCCC.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Warwickshire County Cricket Club Limited of Edgbaston, Birmingham B5 7QU.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1) Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or on our social media pages or profiles, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
2) Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, e.g. about your browser or the device you use to access the site etc.; information about your visit, e.g. which website you clicked through to reach ours, lengths of visits to pages etc.
3) Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
What are ‘Cookies’?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are often used as a mechanism for websites to remember things that a website browser has done there in the past, for example, clicking on particular buttons, logging in, or having read pages on that site months or years ago.
We use the following types of cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use the shopping cart feature when buying match tickets etc.
These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
Functionality Cookies: These are used to improve the functional performance of the website and make it easier for you to use. For example, they are used to remember that you have previously visited the website and asked to remain logged in to the website.
These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver advertising which is more relevant to your interests and also may be used to limit the number of times that you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission. Please note, these cookies do not contain any of your personal information. For details on how to manage cookies and how to opt out of targeted marking see below.
These allow us to digital track the emails we send to you. We use these to ensure you receive appropriate information and do not receive multiple communications about the same thing.
By continuing to use our website without choosing to delete/block cookies, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the instructions or the online help files available via your relevant browser if you wish to manage cookies in this way. Alternatively, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further information. To manage cookies relating to targeted advertising activities, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you can visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Changes to this Cookies policy
We aim to meet high standards and our policies and procedures are, therefore, constantly under review. From time to time we may change how we use and place cookies. Accordingly we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review our current policies and practices.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1) Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Information we collect about you. We will use this information: to administer, operate and improve our site and ensure it is presented in the most effective manner; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Data will only be shared with partners and sponsors if we have consent to do so.
Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA work for us or for one of our suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to of these websites, please note that those websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request from us a copy of personal data we hold on you subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs.